We know this new sign-up process might seem like a pain at first…but please hear us out.
First, this is not just a way to get people to sign up for flockNote. There are no hidden fees, gotchas, tricks, etc. We will not be selling or abusing your information or trust in any way. This is simply what we feel is the easiest, most efficient and effective thing to do at this point and will allow us as a community to do much more in the future. Please read on.
What was wrong with the old sign-up process of leaving usernames in the comments?
- We had so many people signing up that the old method was very impractical causing a backlog of signups.
- Many people told us all about themselves and then forgot to leave their Twitter username.
- Everyone left their username in different formats, places, ways, etc. in the comment field.
- It was still often difficult to ensure the person signing up was authentically Catholic and appropriate for the TweetCatholic community.
- It’s just plain primitive.
What’s better about the new way?
- We are using flockNote.com profile features. flockNote is a sister website of TweetCatholic. It’s totally free, totally secure, and totally Catholic.
- flockNote is already set up to handle user registration and to help us automate the TweetCatholic signup process.
- Using flockNote encourages those signing up for the TweetCatholic “List” to be truly Catholic.
- And most of all, this is setting us up to do some way cooler stuff in the future regarding Catholic new media and pulling us all together into a totally coherent, Catholic community and a force to be reckoned with online.
Please leave any thoughts, questions, or concerns below. We’d love to hear from you!